Tuesday, May 10, 2011

PSN Still Down, Sony's Dark Age Commences



WILL THE CHAOS EVER END?

Weeks after the initial hacking, Playstation's online service is still under construction. Understandably, this is majorly concerning to those of whom had their personal information in Sony's database. Now, their information is free to anyone who wants to place their greasy fingers on it. Obviously, the gaming giant needs to find a better way to protect its users. Otherwise, this type of catastrophe can occur once more. Playstation will be setting up a "Welcome Back" program to encourage its users to keep playing. Any current user affected by the hacking will receive Playstation Plus, the premium service, for free, for 30 days. Current Playstation Plus users will also get the package for free.

I hope that Playstation will be forgiven. The system has always been very reliable, and this one slip-up shouldn't bring the company down single-handedly. They are obviously quite apologetic (I mean, look at all the people they are willing to give free Playstation Plus service to). Plus, I believe the Playstation is superior to other gaming systems. Let's face it: the Wii's graphics are naturally terrible, and the Xbox's failure rating is a bit too high for this guy. Meanwhile, the PS3 continues to astound me, with no Red Ring of Death to send me into a frenzied panic. I stand by Sony and their Playstation. I'm very confident that they'll fix the problem AND more.

1 comment:

  1. I know it is crazy that we are waiting for the moment PSN gets recover for 1 month.
    Fortunately, even after the panic, many people are still waiting infront of PS3 to play online game. SONY should feel very sorry for them and be greatful that they did not go away. All they can do for the users is to improve their security system and promise this will never happen again. Good luck SONY.

    ReplyDelete