I watched the episode that aired on May 2, 2011, the day after Osama bin Ladan was killed. The show basically was a celebratory event of the death of the mastermind behind the 9/11 tragedy. It even went so far as to use the marriage of the Prince William as a smaller event, making it seem less important. The Hangover 2 was also featured. Jon Stewart even apologized to Philip K. Howard for his unfortunate timing on the show.
I couldn't help but laugh at this episode. It was one of the better episodes I've seen of the show. Maybe it's just me being patriotic. Osama was a symbol of the hatred of America. Stewart expresses how America has "won." Perhaps we haven't quite yet, but it puts confidence in the hearts of the people of our great country. He a very inspirational figure, even if his inspiration comes from satire and sarcasm.
No comments:
Post a Comment