HOW CAN YOU NOT TRY AND FIND THESE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE?
Ah yes, concerts are what I live for. To see the shining stars perform their masterpieces and bask in their greatness as I look on, only wishing I could be of that calibre. And then, there are times when I am envious. Jealous. And that's what these moments are for. Maybe I'm just a sick person, but I like to see that those glorified stars onstage are just human beings like the rest of us. It makes me feel as though I really can achieve such a fanbase and can "make it" in the music industry.
Of course, these type of falls could end careers. Stephen Tyler's fall ended an Aerosmith tour that was highly anticipated. He was injured. But others could end it just from sheer embarrassment. Even being mocked by just a few people is too much for some. Try wiping out at the Grammies, a show that gives awards to the best performers on music, with an entire crowd laughing at your expense. That would be pretty rough. Even I have had personal experience with shameful moments onstage. In my first concert ever, on the first song I ever played to an audience, on the first word that came out of my mouth, I hit myself in the face with the microphone. For the rest of the show, it was cottonmouth central. All I could taste was blood. But you can't just stop. You have a duty to entertain, and that's what I did. And that's what any musician would do. Because, even though you're rich and famous (in regards to me, neither nor), you're still just an entertainer. You serve the people that like your music. And that's all.
I agree to this atricle 100%, it comes with the territory of being an entertainer. Unfortuneatly, you just can walk away from something that you signed up for. I play guitar and had to perform more then once whether it was friends, family, or infront of a lot more people you just wished wern't stareing, but after those first couple words come out of your mouth, it's all down hill. Music in a lot of ways, are kind of like sports, as long as you tried, you always walk away feeling accomplished and happy. In a buisness where perfection is key, the trick to "show buisness" is learning from your mistakes, and having the courage to get up and go back to what you love to do.
ReplyDelete