Though the school year is coming to a close, I can't help but feel that Mr. Cullen will stay with me long after high school. Yes, the class joked around quite a bit, and some days were relatively senseless. However, when my Mass Media teacher offered his views on a subject (usually an article of sorts on a hot topic in the world today), it changed how I look at things. It gave me a sense for the bigger picture, I was able to see the topic in the eyes of others. And I thank him greatly for that.
Expressing myself has always been the way I have maintained my freedom. Whether it was through music, athletics, or even writing, this is how I've kept sane on chaotic Earth. Now that I have this blog, thanks to Mr. Cullen, I have a place to share my opinions and views on everything. I don't have to suppress my feelings on a subject just because I don't think my friends would like it (even though I care not of their thoughts of me). I feel like I can make a stand on some matter that is important to me. And I'm glad I have the opportunity.
As for the infamous Television Project, that was quite a burden that I carried this year. I was completely unprepared for the assignment and wound up stressing out over it in my final year of high school. It was rather intriguing, however, and very insightful. Once you've watched so much of a certain show, you feel like you have a connection to it and can make hypotheses and theories. The only thing that I would recommend is having students pick their television show ahead of time, at the beginning of the semester, and then set goals for them to have certain portions of it done at a specific time. That way, the stress of the size of the project is limited, yet the same workload remains.
This has been a fantastic senior year for me. My high school years have hellacious to say the least. Ninth grade was filled with Jeannette bullies, my dad losing his job, my stepmom getting a heart transplant, the loss of my baby sister Ruth Ann, and my stepmom divorcing my father. Tenth grade was my move back to Indianapolis, where I endured lost credits from school and a few school changes. Eleventh grade was my frantic attempts to gain my credits back. And this year was a continuance of that process. However, I've made terrific friends along the way, and I'm happy to say that I've had some fun. I'll miss these high school days.
No comments:
Post a Comment