Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cage's Outrageous Behavior

I thought it'd be interesting to take a look at how a dying star is fairing in the world. Cage Rage
Obviously, not so well. Nicolas Cage was arrested last Saturday morning for domestic abuse and disturbing the peace in New Orleans, Louisiana. The aged actor had gotten into a fight with his wife over which house they had rented. His wife, Alice Kim, was simply trying to keep him from disturbing the elderly couple that ACTUALLY lived in the house. When the police arrived, Cage first attempted to get into the passenger seat of the patrol car. Then, he ran a block down and attempted to jump into a cab. He was finally arrested and taken to prison where it was determined by another inmate that Cage was intoxicated. However, Dog the Bounty Hunter came to the rescue and bailed poor Nicolas out of jail.
           This story is strikingly bizarre. Nicolas Cage being drunk is old news of course, but since when do pop culture figures bail each other out of jail? Cage should have paid for his own release (God knows he has enough money). And even more disturbing is the fact that it was Dog that bailed him out, someone that is supposedly keeping the streets a safe place for the public. He threw his money to a drunk that endangered the citizens of New Orleans. It's such a shame to see these pop culture icons go free in the world almost without any penalty at all. The most we can hope for is a hefty fine when Cage goes to court on May 31.

3 comments:

  1. To start off, I'm not a huge fan of Nicolas Cage, simply because his presence ruins every movie he's in. Apparently he has moved on from that and has decided to start jacking up peoples' real lives. I understand that someone can have a few drinks and be responsible about it, no worries. However, celebs are expected to be role models for kids and set good examples. Cage obviously was Sheen's inspiration. As for Dog's heroism, I think that it was a good thing that he bailed him out. Now they can grow their mullets out together. Interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the article from CNN and personally, I think that it is hilarious to see people who are in public eye, mess up like this. But I think it's ridiculous that "Dog" bailed him out. Even if your an actor, musician, or Jesus Christ for that matter, you should be held accountable. After all even Nicolas Cage isn't above the law. Still, I'm not sure if $11,000 is too much but i think for any normal person thats huge just for being trashed. Even being charged with domestic abuse seems a bit harsh when to me, just seems like public intoxication. Although I'm not the biggest fan of Cage, I think he should be punished for his wrong doings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is very funny. I love Cage as an actor, I think he is great in all his movies. But I have to agree with Ink on how these pop icons get to do whatever they want because of how much money they have. And as far as his fine will go I am sure it will be pocket change for him as it is for all pop icons "fines". I thought Dog was only about keeping the streets clean? He needs to worry about getting a hair cut before he worries about bailing out Cage.

    ReplyDelete